The NovaPro Jacket was designed as a solution to the long-standing problem that most ultralight jackets experience in the presence of moisture - "wetting out." Our Nova technologies come together in a puffy down jacket that offers superior wind-blocking, down retention, & loft retention even in wet conditions.
- More Reliable Insulation: Our proprietary DownLT ™ insulation combines 850 Fill Power HyperDry™ down (Allied RDS down - responsibly sourced) with a small percentage of synthetic to bring you a more stable insulation that stays lofted and warm even when soaking wet.
- No Stitches to Snag: Nova Zero Stitch™ Fabric is neither bonded nor stitched, but literally woven into place. The I-tube baffle design gives the NovaPro a brand new look while eliminating the chance for stitches to wear out or snag on things as you brush by. There are 10,000 fewer stitch holes in the NovaPro than a typical puffy jacket - we counted!
- More Water Resistant: Even when soaking wet, DownLT™ insulation stays lofted and warm. But odds are that in most cases the Zero Stitch™ fabric will prevent moisture from entering your ultralight jacket in the first place. With fewer stitch holes & a DWR treated shell, the NovaPro will stay quite lofted & warm through those unexpected storms.
- Full Featured: Features include thumb holes, a drop back, pit zips, YKK zippered side pockets, & 2-way hood adjustments - all in a jacket weighing under 15 oz.
The NovaPro Jacket is designed to perform in various conditions without compromising on comfort. Stay warm, dry, & protected on your adventures with a more reliable puffy down jacket.
This jacket is ideal for 4th season applications and cold weather uses. The fit should be loose enough to allow other layers to be worn beneath it without compressing any insulation.
14.5 oz (Men's Large)
Packs Into Own Pocket: Easily transport or store the jacket in it's own left pocket! Simply flip the pocket inside out while stuffing the jacket inside, and zip closed. Use it when you need it, and pack it away when you don't! Also use the jacket as a pillow when it's packed away!
High Neck: Stay warm by sealing in the heat around your neck! When zipped up fully, the NovaPro Jacket goes all the way up to your chin for warmth and comfort.
Underarm Vents: If you start getting too warm but it's still cold out, you can unzip the underarm vents and immediately release heat to stabilize your temperature.
Insulated 2-Way Adjustable Hood: No matter which direction you turn your head, you can keep the hood out of your peripherals and see clearly by adjusting the fit of the hood to your head.
Adjustable Hem: Lock in heat by fitting the hem of the jacket to your hips and waist. No need to worry about cord ends hanging down, excess cord will be stored in the front pockets!
Water Repellent Shell: The Nova Zero Stitch™ fabric not only has 10,000 fewer stitch holes (potential leaking points), but is also treated, which makes it difficult to get the jacket wet. Water just beads up and rolls off! If the jacket does get wet, the insulation stays lofted and continues to insulate.
Insulated Zippered Pockets: Keep your hands warm in the insulated pockets. When combined with the thumbholes, you're hands will stay cozy! Also keep your valuables from being lost by zipping them securely into these pockets!
Athletic Fit & Drop Back: The athletic cut and drop back of the jacket keep you looking great no matter where you are. The drop back allows you to sit while keeping your rear and back fully covered.
Thumbholes: Keep your hands warm while still using your fingers and thumbs by using the reinforced thumbholes in the sleeves!
- Shell: 20 Denier Nylon with DWR treatment
- Insulation: DownLT™ Insulation
- Fill Power: 800+
- Fill Weight: 155g (men's large)
- Color: Smoke, Black, Blue
- Zipper: YKK
- Fit: The NovaPro should be loose enough to fit other layers or another jacket beneath it. This jacket should not fit close to skin & should not be tight enough to compress insulation on other layering pieces worn beneath.
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Care: Machine wash cold - alone & on delicate setting. Then tumble dry low, also on a delicate setting.
Nova Zero Stitch™ Technology
Nova Zero Stitch ™ fabric utilizes innovative technology to literally weave baffles into place. There are no stitches, and no bonding. You can't snag a stitch that isn't there, and water or dirt can't enter through stitch holes that don't exist!
This fabric literally helps preserve the insulation for longer. Plus, without thousands of stitch holes in your jacket, you can worry less about down loss!
The graphic above shows roughly what the double weave fabric looks like on a microscopic level. By interweaving the fibers of the jacket's shell fabric with the inner fabric to create baffle chambers, stitch holes & bonding (which can come apart) aren't needed.
The graphics below show the performance of Nova Zero Stitch™ Fabric compared to a more traditional single layer fabric when used in a jacket:
DownLT™ insulation is a proprietary blend of DWR treated HyperDry™ down & loose fill synthetic insulation. The amount of synthetic insulation in the blend in minimal, so DownLT™ insulation retains all the natural properties of pure down: it is both ultralight & compressible. It's more stable than regular down, and will stay lofted & warm even when wet.
Even IF the jacket's insulation gets wet, the insulation will not collapse & you'll stay warm!
DownLT™ vs. Other Down Insulation
Layering Collection: Static
Layering Category: Lofted Static Insulation
Your NovaPro jacket is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Always wash your Nova completely alone to prevent down migration.
- Never wash your Nova in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your jacket using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the jacket is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your down insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
NovaPro In Use
Everything I expected from OV! Used the NOVAPO on a short winter hike and as expected it did everything that it was designed to do.
Chilly in the morning and as it warmed up used the vents to keep moisture from forming.
Out of all the puffy coats I’ve Owned this is the best EVER! Couldn’t love it more
First and foremost the NovaPro is the first piece of gear I have purchased from Outdoor Vitals. After purchasing multiple jackets from other companies that I have tested and returned because they were just not up to my standards and what I was looking for. The NovaPro was ordered on a Friday morning and I received it on the following Monday. KUDOS for crazy fast shipping!!!!!! Great packaging minimal waste but very nicely presented. The jacket is light but you can tell this is designed to be rugged and durable. The fit....I am a muscular guy 5-8 and about 208lbs and followed the size app. The jacket has a great fit. I'm a short dude so alot of other companies jackets the sleeves are way to long. The NovaPro sleeves were perfect. The length is on point as well. There is also enough room to layer up but the athletic fit is perfect in the XL for me. I live on the east coast so the weather since I have been wearing the jacket ranged from 20-40 degrees. Have to say the jacket is extremely warm and the pit vents are awesome when you need to vent. Haven't had a chance to get out on the trails yet but the urban hikes lol I have been taking have been very comfortable. I liked the jacket so much I ordered the Ventus hoodie for myself and my girlfriend and absolutely love that hoodie. (Separate review to come on that one) also got a dragon wool hoodie. In closing I'm extremely impressed with the quality and performance of the items I have purchased and looking forward for more gear from this great company.
Had the jacket for over a month- winter desert camping it performed as promissed. In Europe with rain and cold temps and again a great jacket that stuffs down well for traveling. I love that I have no feather peaking out as I see on other brands. Also the stitch less construction holds up very well to the wind. Dried quickly.
Love the jacket!
Pros: Very warm, great price, thumbholes, pit zips, internal pockets, built-in stuff sack, great styling, great water resistance, very lightweight, 20-denier fabric (not fragile), relatively obscure brand.
Cons: I'll be sad whenever OV releases a better version. Also, you won't find this in stores.
Yay I found my unicorn jacket. I typically wear Arcteryx, Marmot, and Montbell. I instantly fell in love with this jacket because of the pit zips because it adds temperature flexibility and it reminds me of Mountain Hardwear's discontinued windstopper tech jackets. If the sizing works for you, then this is an amazing jacket. I wear my Arcteryx Atom LT everywhere and I needed something that could complement it and be just as flexible. This is that jacket. I also like the sheen on it, it's nice but not excessive like the ghost whisperer. Thank you. Love you.