Not all TopQuilts are the same…Yes most are going to save you weight and space on the trail, which is why they are rising in popularity among all backpackers, but there is a better question to ask yourself. Will it keep you warm and comfortable?
When we designed the new Outdoor Vitals StormLoft™ TopQuilt, we wanted to fix or eliminate common questions and concerns we were seeing our followers bring up. Questions like, “how do I avoid drafts”, “is there a learning curve to quilts”, “I’m a side sleeper, will this work for me?”, and many more!
That’s exactly what we did with a complete redesign! We added a draft collar, widened the quilt, curved the shoulders to your neck, optimized the cut around your body to naturally fall around you effortlessly, include two pad straps for confidence as you toss and turn and even redesigned the footbox for added warmth without affecting space!
What's more, a Roll-top Dry Bag & Storage Bag are included - giving you a better experience before, during, & after your trips!
If you are looking to lighten your backpack, save some space or add an extremely versatile piece to your kit, make sure you look close at the details of the new StormLoft™ Down TopQuilts!
0 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit
0 Regular: 1 lb 12 oz (21.2 oz / 600 g Fill Weight)
15 Regular: 1 lb 7 oz (16.2 oz / 460 g Fill Weight)
30 Regular: 1 lb 4 oz (11.8 oz / 335 g Fill Weight)
0 Long: 1 lb 15 oz (23.2 oz / 660 g Fill Weight)
15 Long: 1 lb 10 oz (18.1 oz / 515 g Fill Weight)
30 Long: 1 lb 6 oz (13.2 oz / 375 g Fill Weight)
Box baffled draft collar seals better around your neck to prevent cold drafts and to add comfort
Curved taper wraps effortlessly around you & seals for added warmth and less unwanted drafts
Fully baffled design with sewn footbox will keep you warm and insulated on all sides
Wide design ideal for ground sleeping or adding extra versatility for hammock campers
Included clips and pad straps to secure topquilt on a sleeping pad so you stay warm and sleep well even if you move when you sleep
DWR treated 800+ fill power HyperDry down to keep your pack light and you warm and comfortable without having to worry so much about moisture
Top cinch cord to seal in heat so you don't feel cold around your shoulders and neck
Hybrid baffle design keeps down locked in where it needs to be, which means you'll have optimal warmth and will sleep better
Tapered bottom footbox is shaped to match the contours of your feet how they naturally lay while eliminating extra space to increase warmth
Roll-Top Dry Bag will protect your bag while making it easier than ever to compress & pack away your Summit as you head out on your adventures.
Storage Bag makes it easy to safely store your Summit long term without having to worry about damaging your down insulation.
- Shell: 10 Denier (0.7 oz/yd²) Ripstop Nylon w/ VitalDry™ DWR
- Lining: 10 Denier (0.7 oz/yd²) Ripstop Nylon
- Insulation Type: Down
- Fill: 800-Fill Power HyperDry™ Water Repellent Down
- Quilt Shape: Mummy/Tapered
- Length: (Regular: 71" Long: 76") *measured from inside end of footbox to top
- Max Width: 56"
- Neck Width: 40"
- Stuff Sack: included
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Your StormLoft Down Topquilt is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Always wash your down product completely alone to prevent down migration.
- Never wash your down product in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your sleeping bag using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the sleeping bag is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your down insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
Long Term Storage
- Do not store down product compressed long term. Long term compression weakens the insulation's ability to loft and therefore insulate.
- We recommend hanging it in your closet or putting it in a pillow case for storage between uses.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Topquilt In Use
Designing the StormLoft Down Topquilt
I feel like this quilt has been pretty good the times I have been able to use it the only downside that I have been able to find is the neck clip it gets undone almost every time I fall asleep and have to keep waking up to clip it again and secure my neck this has been a real problem because cold air starts getting and my heat didn't stay inside when it unclips the pin neck clip system is very unreliable and very sensible to movement. is there something I can do to secure it more efficiently? lite adding something to it?
This is a top tier sleeping quilt, I'd give it a 5, but it is made outside the USA.
For me this quilt has been nothing short of amazing! I have the 30. Took it out on a Yellowstone trip and it got much colder than expected, the night dropped to 24 degrees and it still kept me warm. I tend to be sleep on the warm side though. I've been out many nights with this quilt and it's never let down. It's a personal preference, but there's one thing I would change. I think the footbox comes up too high, I would bring that back a few inches. At the same time it's ultralight equipment so understand, but still.
Just got the new bag and tried it for 3 nights. I found the foot / lower leg area too small and constricting.. Nice material though but find it overpriced
StormLoft™ Down TopQuilt