Aerie- named after an owl’s nest, this underquilt can be used on the ground as well as under your hammock. In any of its versatile uses, it will be your very own nest.
Hammock camping continues to grow, but affording all of the gear is expensive. We created a solution for our customers to get more for their money! The new Aerie Underquilt / Sleeping Bag allows our customers to purchase a sleeping bag that they can also use for other adventures! Add in our direct to consumer pricing and camping has never been so affordable and comfortable!
5 USES OF THE AERIE
1. Hammock Underquilt
2. Hammock Pod System
3. Technical Blanket
4. Sleeping Bag
5. Double Sleeping Bag (with an additional Aerie)
Temperature: 0 to 45 degrees Fahrenheit
45° F LoftTek: 2 lbs 4.3 oz (590 g Fill)
15°F LoftTek: 2 lbs 14 oz (925 g Fill)
15°F Down: 2 lbs 4.5 oz (585 g Fill)
0°F LoftTek: 3 lbs 8.5 oz (1230 g Fill)
0°F Down 2 lbs 11.5 oz (780 g Fill)
Hammock Underquilt: trying to avoid "cold butt syndrome?" The Aerie has you covered, literally.
Hammock Pod System: great for when you have a hammock, but no top quilt, sleeping bag, or other forms of insulation!
Technical Blanket: unzip the Aerie completely and use it at any kind of event as a technical blanket!
Sleeping Bag: yes, the Aerie can even be used as a tradition rectangular shaped sleeping bag- no cramped footbox!
Double Sleeping Bag: With another Aerie, you can zip 2 together and have a double sleeping bag to share with that special someone!
- Shell: 20 Denier Ripstop Polyester with VitalDry™ DWR Coating
- Lining: 20 Denier Ripstop Polyester
- Insulation Type: IDFL/ RDS Duck Down OR LoftTek Hybrid Insulation
- Fill: 800-Fill Power StormLoft™ Water Repellent Down (DWR) OR LoftTek Synthetic Fill + 800-Fill Power StormLoft Water Repellent Down (DWR)
- YKK Zipper Location: Right (anti-snag zippers)
- Sleeping Bag Shape: Rectangle
- Size: 70 x 32 in
- Shoulder Girth: 64 in
- Hip Girth: 64in
- Stuff Sack Size: 10 x 7 x 7 in
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Your Aerie Sleeping Bag is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Always wash your down product completely alone to prevent down migration.
- Never wash your down product in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your sleeping bag using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the sleeping bag is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your down insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
Long Term Storage
- Do not store down product compressed long term. Long term compression weakens the insulation's ability to loft and therefore insulate.
- We recommend hanging it in your closet or putting it in a pillow case for storage between uses.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Couldn't sleep the night through in my hammock as my back always got too cold. I have slept through every night since I purchased this! Definitely worth it! And it's warm warm warm!!
I have a few under quilts. This is the second OV Aerie quilt that I purchased. The first once was a 15° Loft Tek quilt and this one is a 0° down quilt. I needed a second under quilt for friends and for colder weather. Quilt arrived quickly and looks great. I have already added my shock cord and carabiners hack (to the loops on each end of the bag) that make using it as an under quilt better. I recommend adding these to your bags as they allow the ends to gather around you hammocks. This makes it so that you do not have to worry about shifting the under quilt around as you sleep since it stays in place and does not drop below the hammock while allowing the ends to flex as needed to accommodate movement.
It is light. Warm, and rectangular. I love it because it is rectangular. I can move my feet and legs freely. I introduced it to my friends and several of them bought it.
i bought 2 cause they are so awesome. i don't get a chance to use lots of gear i buy from ov as it goes to other people. These i did try and love them. 2 thumbs up ov tribe.
I have the aerie down 30 degree bag. I absolutely love it but it is too short. I’m 6’1” 210 lbs. i have used this system for about 3 years now and all i use is my cheap lightweight hammock and use this as a center zip cocoon. I have used it down to 20 degrees with clothes and i was comfy. I don’t like sleeping on the ground but when i do i use this as a top quilt. This is my go to bag for almost everything over 20 degrees. I wish it had a long version. Please make them in a long version!!