Layering Collection: Kinetic
Layering Category: Active Insulation
Your Ventus Active Hoodie is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Never wash your jacket in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your jacket using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the jacket is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Four types of spiral-shaped fibers are intertwined to give 3DeFX insulation more loft and stretchability than traditional microfiber synthetic insulations. This insulation stretches with you as you move, allowing heat to escape & keeping you at the perfect temperature!
When active, your body motion stretches the tiny coils of fiber in the insulation. As the coils are stretched (much like trampoline springs,) the 3DeFX insulation is less lofty & more heat is allowed to pass through.
As soon as you stop moving, those tiny insulation fibers coil back up and create maximum loft in the insulation.
Basically what this means is that you get a warmer insulation that weighs less & helps regulate temperature.
Features & Capabilities
We've made sure to add all your favorite features to maximize warmth, utility, coverage, and design. The features of the Ventus Active Hoodie will allow you to adapt to many different types of adventures!
View these video resources for more details about the Ventus materials, insulation, features, & design.