Your Summit Down Sleeping Bag is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Always wash your down product completely alone to prevent down migration.
- Never wash your down product in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your sleeping bag using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the sleeping bag is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your down insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
Long Term Storage
- Do not store down product compressed long term. Long term compression weakens the insulation's ability to loft and therefore insulate.
- We recommend hanging it in your closet or putting it in a pillow case for storage between uses.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
What is HyperDry™ Down insulation?
Basically it's high-performing down that has been DWR treated on a down level for increased water resistance.
If down gets wet, it collapses (loses its loft) & no longer insulates. That's why we use HyperDry™ Down in the Summit Sleeping Bags!
This means you get all the weight & compression benefits of down (that's still what it is) PLUS you get a bit more protection from moisture than standard untreated down.
What is a differential cut?
It means that the inside fabric is cut smaller than the outside fabric.
When you are inside a sleeping bag, you tend to move around a bit & press up against the inner fabric. A differential cut ensures that you don't compress the insulation inside the sleeping bag, even if your knee, elbow, etc. presses right up against the inner fabric!
This means you get a warmer sleeping bag without cold spots!
Summit In Use