The Altitude Tee was built for those that push further, climb higher, & don’t take no for an answer.
It’s the perfect ultralight base layer for any season - whether you’re using it to keep cool during hot summer hikes or wicking away moisture to stay comfortable during freezing winter expeditions. Near weightlessness & excellent breathability combined with a thoughtful design will keep you comfortable whether you’re trail running, hiking, at the gym, or in almost any other performance oriented setting.
And it is LIGHT at just 2 or 3 oz!
One thing you’ll notice right away is how well the Altitude manages moisture for you. The performance synthetic fabric wicks moisture from your skin & dries incredibly quickly!
This means the Altitude can be used year round!
The fit should be athletic, but not tight or restrictive- this allows the synthetic blend to more effectively manage & wick away moisture. There is no hardware, adding to the simplicity and decreasing weight.
The Altitude Tee is perfect for high activity. No hardware. No frills. Just pure performance.
Long Sleeve: 3.6 oz (men's Large)
Short Sleeve: 2.9 oz (men's Large)
True Flat-Lock Seams
Sun Blocking Ability
- Fabric: 80 GSM 100% polyester
- UPF Rating: Inconclusive because fabric is too light & thin, making it hard to test - (the Altitude has been tested extensively in high elevation sunlight with no sign of UV ray penetration)
- Performance Benefits: breathable, fast drying, moisture wicking
- Fit: Close - The Altitude should fit close to skin and fit easily beneath other layers.
- Gender: Men's sizing
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Care: This product is built for ultralight performance, & was not built to withstand abrasion.
Do not wash in a machine that has an agitator. Use mild detergent on a delicate cycle with cold water. Hang dry.
Note: If used with a backpack, some pilling may occur. Pilling will not affect performance, & is not covered under warranty.
Layering Collection: Kinetic
Layering Category: Moving Set
Your Altitude Tee is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Never wash your Altitude in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow the prior instructions you should hand wash your product
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax Tech Wash (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse (add extra rinse if possible).
- Hang dry until the product is completely dry.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Designing The Altitude
+ 5 Stars for awesomeness
- 1 UPF rating
- 1 Short sleeve neck height
I really like this fabric for activewear, it's light, dries amazingly fast, and is my favorite polyester shirt option. However, the neck on the short sleeve is just too high for my taste when I'm selecting a short sleeve for toasty weather. I use the long sleeve or hoodie for broader sun protection where the high neck is part of a mindset to reduce sun exposure. That being said, without a UPF rating (currently) I'd be hesitant to trust this if I had a history of familial skin cancer. UV radiation penetrates things from most clothing to car windows at a cumulatively damaging rate. I've never been burned through these shirts but still wish I knew how good they did or didn't protect me.
As designed the shirts are ultra light and breathable. Very comfortable due to stretchy material and the cut/fit of the material. The long sleeve gives me the ability to be protected from the sun while not overheating I did have to order a large, normally I wear medium for OV products. I like a looser fit for warm weather shirts.
Great product. Lightweight and comfy. A little small fit, so go up a size in men’s
Neck line is tight when placing over my head. Other then that it fits well.
if you don't want the sunburn, but want the ventilation and ultralite, this is the way to go. Excellent job ov!