Not all top quilts are the same…While many top quilts save weight and space, the StormLoft™ stands out by significantly reducing cold drafts, allowing you to stay warmer more effortlessly.
- Draft Free Design: The draft-free shape of the StormLoft™ TopQuilt keeps you warm with a cut that naturally wraps around your body. It's wider in key locations & curves to match your body contours so the quilt effortlessly "falls" around you without gaps or cold drafts. With 2 included pad straps, you REALLY don't have to worry about staying warm.
- Ultralight & DWR Treated: Crafted from 10D DWR treated fabric and HyperDry™ wax-based DWR treated down (800+FP), this top quilt is ultralight, compressible, and moisture-resistant. It weighs a fraction of the weight of comparable sleeping bags.
- Insulated Draft Collar: The soft & comfortable boxed-baffle draft collar will seal in your body heat when you cinch the quilt up around your shoulders on chilly nights.
- Optimized Footbox: Our footbox reduces any pressure your feet could put on the bag and optimize warmth. Its anatomical shape match the natural splay of your feet while sleeping. Enjoy space right where you need it with less "dead spots" to heat where you can't utilize them.
- Included Roll-top Dry Bag & Storage Bag
Save weight & space in your backpack while staying warm with a StormLoft™ Down TopQuilt.
0 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit
0 Regular: 1 lb 12 oz (21.2 oz / 600 g Fill Weight)
15 Regular: 1 lb 7 oz (16.2 oz / 460 g Fill Weight)
30 Regular: 1 lb 4 oz (11.8 oz / 335 g Fill Weight)
0 Long: 1 lb 15 oz (23.2 oz / 660 g Fill Weight)
15 Long: 1 lb 10 oz (18.1 oz / 515 g Fill Weight)
30 Long: 1 lb 6 oz (13.2 oz / 375 g Fill Weight)
Box baffled draft collar seals better around your neck to prevent cold drafts and to add comfort
Curved taper wraps effortlessly around you & seals for added warmth and less unwanted drafts
Fully baffled design with sewn footbox will keep you warm and insulated on all sides
Wide design ideal for ground sleeping or adding extra versatility for hammock campers
Included clips and pad straps to secure topquilt on a sleeping pad so you stay warm and sleep well even if you move when you sleep
DWR treated 800+ fill power HyperDry down to keep your pack light and you warm and comfortable without having to worry so much about moisture
Top cinch cord to seal in heat so you don't feel cold around your shoulders and neck
Hybrid baffle design keeps down locked in where it needs to be, which means you'll have optimal warmth and will sleep better
Tapered bottom footbox is shaped to match the contours of your feet how they naturally lay while eliminating extra space to increase warmth
Roll-Top Dry Bag will protect your bag while making it easier than ever to compress & pack away your Summit as you head out on your adventures.
Storage Bag makes it easy to safely store your Summit long term without having to worry about damaging your down insulation.
- Shell: 10 Denier (0.7 oz/yd²) Ripstop Nylon w/ VitalDry™ DWR
- Lining: 10 Denier (0.7 oz/yd²) Ripstop Nylon
- Insulation Type: Down
- Fill: 800-Fill Power HyperDry™ Water Repellent Down
- Quilt Shape: Mummy/Tapered
- Length: (Regular: 71" Long: 76") *measured from inside end of footbox to top
- Max Width: 56"
- Neck Width: 40"
- Stuff Sack: included
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Your StormLoft Down Topquilt is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Always wash your down product completely alone to prevent down migration.
- Never wash your down product in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow either of these prior instructions you should hand wash your sleeping bag using the detergent and drying process described below.
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use a mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse.
- Hang dry until the sleeping bag is completely dry.
- Then loft and redistribute your down insulation in the dryer by running it for 10 minutes on low or no heat with 3 dryer balls.
Long Term Storage
- Do not store down product compressed long term. Long term compression weakens the insulation's ability to loft and therefore insulate.
- We recommend hanging it in your closet or putting it in a pillow case for storage between uses.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Topquilt In Use
Designing the StormLoft Down Topquilt
I went back-and-forth between the 0° and 15° quilt and ended up with the zero and I am very happy I did. It is very light, much lighter than my 20° down sleeping bag. My typical camping temperatures are in the 30s and 40s and sometimes 50s. I don’t have a problem with it being too warm as I can just pull it off. I sleep cold and also am very warm weather acclimatized. Plus I don’t like sleeping in anything other than Sweatpants and a light shirt. By the way, take advantage of the down balaclava. It’s crucial for camping and cold weather!
I've had the 0° long for about 3 years, and it's been awesome for packing into the deep woods for extended stay or for using on overnight trips to conventions or trade shows. Packs light, compact but with some punch. Only thing I'd like to see is one with a bit wider foot box and overall longer and wider... I'm 6'2", 200# and it goes with me on every trip whether to Zion park or Kodiak Island.
Wanted this for a backpacking trip for the beginning of February. Tested it out on already 7 inches of snow, with 5 more inches due to come down that evening with temperatures getting down to 10 degrees and stayed toasty warm!
Good quality. This is the second quilt I bought from them.
Haven’t taken on trail but spending an hour on the living room floor allowed me to compare a quilt to a bag. Quality is is superb. Not my first OV purchase… Again I’m a very happy customer.