The Altitude was built for those that push further, climb higher, & don’t take no for an answer. Its near weightlessness & breathability combined with a thoughtful design will keep you comfortable whether you’re trail running, hiking, or in almost any other outdoor setting.
The name "Altitude" comes from the need to protect ourselves from some nasty sunburns, especially at high elevations. One of the significant tests we put the Altitude Sun Hoodie through was when we backpacked the Uinta Highline Trail, a trail the stretches over 100 miles with 80% of those miles above 10,000 ft! It performed exceptionally well, & we came to rely on the Altitude for adventures afterwards!
One thing you’ll notice right away is how well the Altitude manages moisture for you. The performance synthetic fabric wicks moisture from your skin & dries incredibly quickly!
This means the Altitude can also be used year round as a base layer! The fit should be athletic, but not tight or restrictive- this allows the synthetic blend to more effectively manage & wick away moisture.
The ultralight fabric will shield you from the sun without causing you to overheat so you can keep adventuring day-in & day-out without any sensitive skin. The high collar will give you max coverage, even when your hood is down!
The Altitude Hoodie is perfect for high activity. No hardware. No frills. Just pure performance.
4 oz (size L)
True Flat-Lock Seams
Minimal Clean Collar Hood
Sun Blocking Ability
- Fabric: 80 GSM 100% polyester
- UPF Rating: Inconclusive because fabric is too light & thin, making it hard to test - (the Altitude has been tested extensively in high elevation sunlight with no sign of UV ray penetration)
- Fit: Close - The Altitude hoodie should fit close to skin and fit easily beneath other layers.
- Gender: Men's sizing (see product images for how the Altitude fits women)
- Warranty: Outdoor Vitals Performance Promise
Care: This product is built for ultralight performance, & was not built to withstand abrasion.
Do not wash in a machine that has an agitator. Use mild detergent on a delicate cycle with cold water. Hang dry.
Note: If used with a backpack, some pilling may occur. Pilling will not affect performance, & is not covered under warranty.
Layering Collection: Kinetic
Layering Category: Moving Set
Your Altitude Hoodie or Tee is a high performance piece of gear. It needs some extra attention to keep it performing at the highest level.
Please read through the care instructions below to ensure that you care for it properly:
- Never wash your Altitude in a washing machine that has an agitator.
- If you cannot follow the prior instructions you should hand wash your product
The Wash & Dry Process
- Use mild detergent like Dreft (for babies) or Nikwax Tech Wash (for technical gear).
- Choose Low Spin or Delicate wash.
- Choose Cold Wash & Cold Rinse (add extra rinse if possible).
- Hang dry until the product is completely dry.
For more information on caring for your gear please visit https://outdoorvitals.com/pages/care-guide-faq
Designing The Altitude
I wear it all summer long especially during ultra marathon races. It’s an absolute lifesaver when you’re out in the sun all day.
Like wearing a weightless bubble of warmth
I just returned from a 3 day day backpacking trip. Daytime temperatures in the upper 80’s to low 90’s with high humidity. This shirt is very lightweight, breathable, and fast drying. It will be my new go to base layer for hiking.
I received the hoodie and it is very lightweight. It did have two small snags right out of the package which makes me question overall durability. I did order one more but may consider sun hoodies from other manufacturers if these don’t hold up over time.
Purchased this for a hike in the uinta’s to kings peak. I wore it for 3 days straight. It’s light breathable and kept the sun off of my neck and ears. It did everything i thought it should do.